Monday, April 11, 2011

1.7 Looking Up


With drink in hand Amiee set out to the dance floor. Though she didn’t feel much like dancing, she stood in the middle of the floor –the fog engulfing her as if she were expecting it to make her disappear somehow. She looked down at her drink, the expression of hurt and anger still lingering on her face, there were times that drowning herself in fancy named drinks would seem to solve her problems –this time it wasn’t the case.



For days, Amiee spent most of her time, that wasn’t consumed by work, in front of her easel, painting away her emotions and thoughts. It seemed to be the only thing that really soothed her. She didn’t call Shelby, and she didn’t bother checking to see if she called, in fact she turned her phone off all together and buried it under the bed. Out of sight…out of mind. 



One after another paintings slowly began to fill her small studio apartment. That didn’t stop her…she continued on, pouring herself onto canvas.



Days quickly turned into weeks and Amiee had not seemed to budge. Her paintings didn’t really make her feel completely better…but it was the most productive she had been since she got to Bridgeport. She finished off her tenth painting and hung it on the wall.



She stood in front of the easel, still unsure of herself, getting ready to pluck a new paintbrush from the cup when the doorbell rang.

Her first thought was to ignore it, it was either Shelby or Everett –she was sure. Neither of their faces she wanted to see…but for very different reasons.

The bell continued to ring and against her better judgment she decided to open it.



When she opened the door, it was the last person she had expected standing in her doorway.

“Did I forget to do something at work?” Amiee said softly.

“No…I was wondering if you had a moment to talk…may I come in?” Mrs. Littler responded in the same soft tone.

“I guess.” Amiee said wedging the door open wider, allowing her guest to enter.



“Would you like some coffee, or water or anything to drink?” Amiee said as she made her way to the kitchen.

“Coffee would be great…cream and sugar please.” Mrs. Littler said. Amiee cringed at the thought of Mrs. Littler ruining the purity and bold flavor of the coffee, but continued to prepare it. She set the mugs on the table as she watched Mrs. Littler examine her artwork.



“You really do have an interest for art; the works on your wall are simply stunning, dark and so powerful with emotion, simply stunning…I don’t think I recognize the artist though…where did you get them?” She asked. Amiee took a long sip of her coffee and spoke softly.

“They are mine…” She said.

“You did those?” Mrs. Littler asked raising her eyebrow and focusing her attention back to the painting on the wall.

“Yes.” Amiee replied.

“Most artists are only blowing smoke when they say they are good…but it seems you truly have raw talent…I may have underestimated you.” Mrs. Littler said sipping her own coffee.



“What did you want to talk about?” Amiee said getting the subject at hand back on track. The faster she could get Mrs. Littler out of here…the faster she could get back to working.

“I initially came to see if you were okay…you haven’t seemed yourself at work for weeks now…” Mrs. Littler said.

“I assure you I am fine, just some personal things I am working through.” Amiee replied hastily.

“But...after seeing your work…I would like to offer you a position at the gallery.” Mrs. Littler said.

“A real position.” She added. Amiee perked up almost instantaneously.

“What kind of position are we talking?” Amiee said happily. It was the first time in weeks she could draw a real smile on her face.
“I would like to offer you a position as a gallery attendant…I know it isn’t exactly the best position but it is all we can do at the moment, it would sure beat running around doing errands all day.” Mrs. Littler said.

“I’ll take it!” Amiee said without hesitation.

“I would also like to know if you are interested in helping with the auction we are having tonight, the designer had some important matters to attend to and was unable to finish getting things ready for tonight…we have everything that is needed, just no one to pull it all together.” Mrs. Littler said.

“Of course!” Amiee replied. She was beaming with happiness and gratitude.

“Okay then I will see you at the gallery at 4 pm for setup…auction starts at 8pm. So bring something nice to change into, and you are more than welcome to bring a piece of your own work to hang in the gallery…I think you earned it.” Mrs. Littler said as she excused herself from the table and waved goodbye. 























Amiee was so excited that the moment Mrs. Littler left she ran around the house screaming and clapping, all the way to her bedroom where she began jumping up and down on her bed with excitement. This couldn’t have come at a better time, she thought to herself.



19 comments:

Kittycattylion said...

hahahaa oh my~ so cute! and she totally deserved it!

Qui. said...

It really couldn't have come at a better time! Glad to see her moving up in her field! She deserves it!

Unknown said...

Kitty and Qui-

This was just the thing she needed to get out of the slump...perhaps things will get better for her from here!

Horsesrox76 said...

OOOhhh she got a job! YAY I mean she already had a job but she got a better one! hahaha I want to see Shelby again frankly I want her to reveal her past I know she was a get around but I want her to explain in not Everett hehe and whichpose did u use when she was on the bed? I like it haha I like her apartment can you upload her with it like together cause I want it loolz Great chapter
Love ya
your neice Horsey xxoo

Unknown said...

LOL well there isn't much to it other than Shelby was a little mischiveous in her teen years before her and Amiee were friends. Amiee seemed to have helped her get on the straight and narrow for a while.

The apartment is an EA apartment have to find the exact name for you.

I didn't use a pose when she was on the bed it was just an animation she was doing when I paused the game and then used the OPH's and placed her on the bed.

Glad you enjoyed thanks for reading!

Jillyson said...

Wow - I missed the last chapter & just got all caught up - I never saw that coming! I can't believe the things Shelby did. No wonder she didn't want Aimee anywhere near Everett - afraid he'd spill her secret, plus using Aimee's last name?

I'm so glad that after that mess, something good happened for Aimee. Now hopefully, Everett will make an appearance. Maybe at the gallery???

Unknown said...

Yay, another NyGirl tale! *squee* *follow*

I'm going to have to go back to the beginning and get caught up when I have the time, but I love what I've read so far.

~<3!

Cami said...

Ooh Kitty linked this on her thread and I just read up until now :P. Her jumping on the bed is funny! :P

Unknown said...

Jilly-

I don't think anyone seen it coming lol

Everett will make an appearance at the Gallery..so we shall see what happens then!

Unknown said...

Kaleeko-

Glad that you have found your way here and are going to read!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cami -

Happy that you found your way here and I will have to thank kitty for linking!

Hope you are enjoying the legacy!

buckeygirl80 said...

Hi NyGirl! I jsut read through your blog last night, as per Kitty's recommendation and I'm so glad I did! Love the start, and Aimee's look is so different (well at least to me anyways) she doesn't look like other sims, I'm very intrigued as to how her story will go! Following now for sure! :)
I got all excited when I first landed on your homepage and saw Generations 1-10 at the top thinking it was a full legacy and I'd have hours of reading fun ahead of me. But that's ok, it's also fun getting a chance to follow a story from the very beginning. :) Looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

buckeygirl-

Sorry that you got excited to find out it was the beginning...just wanted to have everything set up so there was less work to do when I transitioned into the next generations.

I hope that you will enjoy this legacy as it unfold! Thank you so much for reading!

Anonymous said...

Just read this after Kitty's recommendation. Gonna read it more properly when I have more time, but I like it so far! :)

Unknown said...

ohlordlegacy-

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peak at the legacy! Glad you liked it so far! Hope you will continue to read!

GirlyGirl said...

Im really happy she has something to distract her , and who knows , this gallery auction could really help her get known!

Unknown said...

GirlyGirl-

The auction is not for Amiee...but there are a few surprises afterwards that will Amiee get noticed. :)

LeahT said...

Awwwwww yay! She gets to work in a gallery! <33 Yay for Aimee! (I guess I forgot to comment on this one, so I came back to do so... hehe)

Hugzies said...

Good for her, she worked hard to get there.

Post a Comment