Friday, April 8, 2011

1.6 The Fine Line of Friendship








Amiee could hear Shelby’s voice just outside of the restroom now, and began to panic. Before she could even think, Shelby came strutting through the door.

“What on earth is taking you so long girl!” Shelby shouted. Amiee could barely even hear what she said; her heart was beating too loudly to hear much of anything other than the thumping. THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMPTHUMPTHUMP.

“What?” She said as she wiped her lips with her hand, his kiss still burning on them so vehemently, trying to remain cool.

“I said what was taking you so long, are you deaf? What has gotten into you!” Shelby scowled.

“Nothing…I just needed a moment…to uh…check my makeup and stuff.” Amiee replied hastily.

“You don’t even have your make up bag.” Shelby observed.



“Seriously Amiee, you have been so jumpy lately and flaky, what the hell is going on?” Shelby asked flailing her arms around in the air.

“I said nothing!” Amiee shouted.

“Can’t a girl take a moment to herself!” She added. Just as Amiee finished the sentence they heard a loud bang coming from one of the stalls.



“Oh my god are you okay in there?” Shelby asked as she walked toward the stalls. And there was that pesky thumping coming from Amiee’s chest again. She knew that he was behind on of those stalls and she knew their jig was up, they were about to be busted…big time. 

She tried to play the scenario over in her head…wondering how she would explain him being in the ladies room. Shelby wasn’t dumb by any means, she would put two and two together and things would finally add up for her.

Amiee became uneasy as Shelby stood in front of the stall.




“What the hell!...what the hell….are you doing in the ladies room!” Shelby shrieked. She looked over at Amiee who was now nervously fidgeting with her hair and scratching her head and then back at Everett in the stall.

“Oh…no…Amiee, please tell me this isn’t what it looks like!” She shouted. Amiee didn’t say anything…she didn’t move.

“You have got to be kidding me! Didn’t I warn you! If you want to let this bastard walk all over you fine by me!...wait no…I won’t let him…you are my friend….he is nothing…the first chance….” Shelby’s words began to fade into the distance and break up. Amiee wasn’t listening anymore.

“Someone’s busted…” A dark woman, with the fieriest red hair she had ever seen, wearing the latest pair of designer shades said as she walked by and looked Amiee up and down in distain. Amiee only smiled a nervous smirk and ran her hands through her hair.



Everett emerged from the stall moments later with the angriest scowl Amiee had ever seen.

“Do you get enjoyment out of making my life hell Everett?” Shelby said.

“Just paying it forward sweetie.” He replied cooly. Shelby stood their tapping her foot on the ground, hands on hips trading jabs with him one by one.

“You do realize that Amiee is a grown woman capable of thinking for herself…right?” Everett said to Shelby.

“She doesn’t know you like I do!” Shelby shouted.

“Apparently she doesn’t know you like I do either.” He spat at her. Shelby turned away from Everett.

“We need to talk…outside…NOW!” Shelby grumbled.



“Wait just a damn second Shelby, first of all don’t talk to me like that, secondly,  I know what is best for me…you can’t tell me who I can talk to or hang out with…you aren’t my mother! I think you owe me an apology” Amiee shouted as Shelby approached her. She was becoming increasingly agitated. She no longer cared that she hid this from her…Shelby had crossed a line…who did she think she was anyway?

“Ok Amiee, I am sorry that I was just looking out for you !” Shelby shouted back. Everett, still in the ladies room was standing on the sidelines, flashing less than pleasing expressions towards Shelby.

“Well had you shared with me what this was all about, we wouldn’t be here now would we?” Amiee spat.

“Correction Amiee, had you not hid this from me, we wouldn’t here!” Shelby gave it right back to her.

“You want to know? I will tell you…let’s take this outside…wouldn’t want to embarrass anyone…” Shelby grumbled as she stomped out of the restroom.




Everett followed them outside, uninvited, leaning back on the decaying wooden boards that enclosed the platform. The look on his face –indifferent.


“I said I wanted to talk to Amiee, I believe your name is Everett.” Shelby said bitterly.

“Well I believe since this whole mess includes me that I should be here to defend myself against any lies you may decide to make up…you’re good at that you know…lying.” He said as he raised his eyebrows at her emphasizing the word lying.

“Shelby doesn’t lie…at least not to me.” Amiee interjected.

“Naïve…just like the rest of them.” Everett mumbled.

“EXCUSE ME?” Amiee said raising her voice.

“You heard me…so let’s hear it Shelby…let’s hear why I am such a bad guy.” Everett said. Shelby stood still, almost frozen.

“Well Shelby?”  Amiee said. Shelby took in a deep breath and swallowed –still remaining silent.

“Let’s just get out of here…we can talk at your place.” She finally spoke up.























“Not so fast Shelby…we are going to resolve this once and for all.” Everett spoke up before Shelby could make a run for it.


“Just spit it out Shelby…and I will decide if I should stay away from him or not.” Amiee added. Shelby stood there silent, flashing a nervous look at Amiee.

“How about I refresh your memory for you Shelby?” Everett said crossing his arms tighter. Amiee glanced over at Everett.

“Why don’t you just let her speak…” She said to him.


“Don’t you see…she won’t give you the real version with me standing here…or else she would have said it…” He replied.


“Am I right…Shelby Sullivan?” Everett said as he hunched down and looked into Shelby’s eyes. Shelby dropped her head, shame screaming out from her body.

“Sullivan? Her last name is Stewart…my last name is Sullivan…” Amiee said confused.

“Lie number 1.” Everett said sharply. Tears began to roll down Shelby’s cheeks. She could feel Aimee’s eyes almost burning through her flesh.



“What about the fact that you were ‘19’ when you came to the agency to be a model?” Everett continued to spill her dirty little secrets.

“19? She was just out of high school when she left for the city…hadn’t even turned 18 yet…” Amiee jumped in.

“Lie number 2…should I keep going Shelby, ‘ or is the fire getting a little too hot for you to withstand’?” Everett continued. Amiee stood beside her…almost completely in disbelief.

“You like that little line don’t you…I remember it being your favorite…said it to every man at the agency…yes I know about the others...not so fun when it’s used back on you is it?” He said as he smiled.





“OOO how about another one Shelby, ‘we are just friends here…it’s ok to share things…’ what about that one?” Everett jabbed at Shelby again.

“What the hell is going on!” Amiee demanded.

“Ever wonder how your dear honest friend Shelby climbed the ranks of the modeling world so quickly? That’s because she slept her way there and spread horrible vicious rumors about the men when she got what she wanted!” Everett shouted.

“Is….is….is that true Shelby?” Amiee asked. Shelby didn’t speak, she only nodded as tears flooded her eyes.

























“Oh and the best part yet…wonder why she hates me so much?” Everett said as he now turned his attention to Amiee, grasping her arms gently in his hands and looking her in the eyes. Amiee nodded in acceptance.

“She hates me so much because I was the only one to say no to her! She made a big scene spatting off little one liners like I said earlier…she tried to force herself on me, undressing, trying to seduce me as if it was going to get her somewhere…when she finally realized she wasn’t going to get her way…she cried rape…when the other men walked in the room, and when we came to find out she was still a minor I got in trouble!” He said softly turning his eyes to Shelby in a glare.



“Nearly put me in jail until she pleaded with the judge that people got the wrong idea and charges should be dropped. Of course I told her if she continued I would have her blacked listed faster than the news of what happened would hit the papers. The agency dropped her within the month and she was jobless…and blamed it on me. Though I never breathed a word of it to anyone.” He continued.

“It's just lie after lie with Shelby...at least the Shelby I have come to know. So I am pretty sure…that your dear honest and wonderful friend just doesn’t want you to have what she couldn’t get…as if being a successful model gives you first dibs on anything that has a penis in between its legs.” He spat.


Everett walked back into the club…he wasn’t about to be there when the shit really hit the fan…this was now between them…

“Is all of that stuff true…wait…I don’t even have to ask that Shelby, I can see the answer written all over your face…how could you do that stuff…what happened to you…that is not the Shelby I know!” Amiee shouted. Shelby didn’t even try to defend herself…what was the use…she was really the bad guy in all of this…and she knew it.

“Jesus Shelby! Do you realize how you could have messed his life up…in so many ways! RAPE? REALLY? What the hell is wrong with you! What happened to you!” Amiee continued on her rant, not pausing long enough to let Shelby get a word in edge wise…even if she wanted to.

“Where did I go wrong? I knew I should have come with you…right back to your old ways Shelby…I tried to save you…and for a while I did…or at least I thought I did…and right back to it…you are unbelievable!” Amiee said shaking her head.























“Don’t even bother me with an answer; I don’t want to hear any more of your lies, anymore of your excuses…anymore of your bullshit.” Amiee said.

“Can I say just one thing at least?” Shelby finally spoke up…softly. Amiee didn’t respond, she just nodded –signaling Shelby to continue.

“Everett isn’t so perfect either, I meant it when I said watch out for him…I don’t think there was one night that I was out that I didn’t see him with a different girl.” Shelby said trying to turn the table.

“I think I will determine that for myself…I’ll take my chances…besides we are just friends.” Amiee replied hastily.



“I’m going back in the club, I need a drink…please don’t bother coming back…and don’t bother calling me again…if I want to talk…I will get a hold of you…so for now…pretend like we are back in high school, you don’t know me…I am just that poor naïve little girl that doesn’t know any better…right?” She said as she brushed past Shelby and into the club.























“Give me your strongest poison…better make it a double.” Amiee said as she flagged down the bartender.

“One of those nights…huh?” He said.

“You don’t even know…” She replied with a sigh.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Wow!

Unknown said...

I hope that is an Ok, Wow - meaning a good thing and you don't know what to say and not a Ok, Wow - what the hell is she doing? LOL

Horsesrox76 said...

WOW who knew Shelby was one of those get arounds LOL and Everett im still not sure about him, he seems mysterious but innocent at the same time s: haha great chapter u keep me entertained all the time lol glad your not sick and I like apple pi LOL btw where is everetts pose from?
Luv
Horsey
P.s I hate how I always have to repeat this twixe I.e it wont let me comment the first time hmph!

Unknown said...

Well now you know....LOL not sure about Everett yet...good...because there is still much to know about him!

Everett's pose is here : http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=21368.msg192717#msg192717 Pose 7...probably the only decent one in the pack.

Kittycattylion said...

I did NOT expect that..

which makes it all the more exciting!

GirlyGirl said...

Good twist of things and i was thinking he was the bad guy , though he still intrigues me...

Unknown said...

I don't think anyone expected this turn of events Kitty! I didn't either...was still struggling with where I wanted to take it all morning yesterday and I got an idea and the juices just flowed from there!

Unknown said...

GirlyGirl-

I think everyone was thinking he was the bad guy...but it seemed a little to typical to pin him as one as it was what everyone really expected...so I wanted to make sure that I did something a little different.

I am glad he still intrigues you! It is my intent to make our Mr. M well...very intriguing!

Thanks for reading!

Qui. said...

Very unexpected! It's a little bit of a relief that the news wasn't that he was a rapist or some kind of creep. He may just be someone that Amiee needs to look out for and hopefully, that won't be the case.

Curious though, Why did Shelby lie about her last name? Are they related somehow?

I wonder what Aimee and tall, dark, and delicious will do now that they've been figured out.

Rape though? That's huge and unforgivable!

GirlyGirl said...

MMM , i also wander why she lied about her last name , and as Qui said , Could they be related? Waiting foward 2 next ch

Unknown said...

Amiee and Shelby are not related...she used Amiee's last name because had she used her own last name they would have found out much sooner that she wasn't of age when she joined the agency...

Amiee is heartbroken that her closest friend could do such things...Shelby has seemed to fallen back into her old ways and Amiee feels responsible...I doubt she will be doing much of anything until she gets past it.

LeahT said...

Did NOT expect that! That was crazy! You are very talented with putting in unexpected twists. That was crazy. I thought you were going to make Shelby the innocent one... and the other guy the guilty one... but then again, there is still time. The man can still be guilty too! Boy I love this!

Hugzies said...

Wow I did not expect that! So its not Everett with the big issues its Shelby. Way to keep us on our toes.

Post a Comment